#️⃣Zscaler (July 2022 - Present)
Technical Moderator and Knowledge Manager
As part of the marketing team at Zscaler, I assist the community manager to implement the community moderation strategy. Key aspects of my role includes moderating member-generated content and responding to member queries promptly.
#️⃣JumpCloud (2020 - July 2022)
Technical Champion (Evangelist)
I joined JumpCloud in March of 2020 as an Implementation Engineer. My role was to help new customers and prospecting customers plan for their implementation of JumpCloud into their current environment. This was a consultive approach, where understanding of the full-IT-stack and how JumpCloud integrates was key to providing the best implementation plan.
In 2021, I became the Technical Champion at JumpCloud. In this role, I help people understand JumpCloud with a focus on community and advocacy. I accomplish this by being active on social media platforms such as Reddit, Spiceworks and our very own JumpCloud Slack lounge, Macadmins Slack and various other platforms. Staying on top of technology, news and the challenges of IT admins is a passion of mine, and this role fits nicely 😁
I also get to host a weekly event called "The IT Hour" that I created that discusses various IT related trends and topics. You can learn more about that here
#️⃣SRS Acquiom (2018-2019)
IT Support Manager
SRS Acquiom is a Fintech company in the mergers and acquisition space. Their main focus is to represent the shareholder during M&A to ensure that payouts of shares are properly dispersed. My role at this company was to manage the IT support desk and align our IT strategy with the needs of the business. We supported three locations in Denver, San Francisco and Minneapolis as well as various remote workers. I learned a great deal here as this was my first "corporate IT" role. I learned this by doing foolish projects that probably could have been done a lot better or faster. Some of those projects, where I was the project owner:
- Implement OneLogin for single identity management across the organization. This is where my passion for Cloud IAM came from.
- Developing and launching our Windows MDM strategy by using Azure/Intune/Autopilot. Prior to this, we had no way of managing Windows devices and a lot of our Minneapolis co-workers and our accounting department were on these machines.
- Migrating our backup solution from Code42 to Druva to allow for endpoint DLP as well as backing up our Google environment
- Designed and implemented an asset management system to help ensuring all IT assets were properly accounted for
- Assisted in launching new office in Minneapolis. This was a completely new build requiring installing all IT networking, meeting/conference rooms and getting end users properly configured
Working at Apple was a great experience. Being a Mac Genius was by far one of the coolest and most rewarding positions that I have ever held. If you aren't aware what a Mac Genius is, they are the highest level of technical support you can achieve at the Apple store. It was very busy, very fast and required you to multi-task while fixing various levels of software and hardware issues, and with a smile on your face. I had the most fun doing physical repairs back in the "GR" (Genius Room 🤭)